Having problems with a cluttered bedroom, kitchen, or even office desk? No matter how tolerable it may seem, having clutter everywhere in your house, especially in the bedroom can make people experience high level of stress. According to studies, a cluttered bedroom for example can drive your brain into thinking that you have lots of ‘to do list’ that needs to be addressed. Brain will become restless, and even when you are resting, your body responds like it was under an immense stress.
To finally break the vicious cycle of a cluttered home, here are top 5 proven tips that will help you.
- Do it Now – Doing it now instead of later or tomorrow is one of the best ways to avoid a messy environment. When you see a paper on the floor, picking it up immediately and placing it in an appropriate place will not only help you avoid the clutter but also help you maintain an already organized home. When you decide to do it later or tomorrow, you wouldn’t even think about your plan of picking up that piece of paper on the floor the next day.
- Get Rid of Unused Items – Papers, notebooks, old clothes, accumulate your room as time goes by. The main reason why those items linger in your room is because we think about its sentimental value. While there are items that we treasure forever, at least we must have a specific place for them like a tiny box. Purging your home with unnecessary stuff will make you realize how it results to a refreshings surrounding. Let go of the idea that you may need those items in the future because most of the time, you won’t need it.
- Every Item Must Have its Own Home – By far, this is the best technique in honing your inner organizational skills. When you have a place for every stuff in your home, like for example, a box for your school supplies and paperworks, you will find it very easy to find items when you need to. In addition to that, no items will look like out of its place. Imagine a tea cup inside a bathroom–that may sound a bit exaggerated but you get the idea.
- Get items back to where it was originally placed after each use – When things gets misplaced, it does not only result to unnecessary stress but also it will wreak havoc in your already peaceful, organized room. Aside from losing your keys, you will also find yourself digging up the inner core of your clothing boxes because of it, creating chaos to your room. Always remember this by heart and save yourself from mini heart attacks of losing something.
- Make a Place for your Junk Items – Things that does not fit to a certain category like a bobby pin, glitters, or ribbon for example must have it’s own place as well. It will also keep your surroundings neat and tidy.
So there you go! Remember these tips for a clutter-free home and be able to have a relaxing environment when you get home from work or school. Share this to your friends and family who you think might need these tips.